Thursday, August 18, 2011

Oreo Ball Recipe

YUMMMY ! These are delicious! I got this recipe from my aunt and they were a big hit! I made them for a BBQ that my family and I attended and everyone there asked for the recipe! These are so good that if you don't pay attention to how many you have eaten you could have eaten half the batch. If you want something easy and delicious and sure to be a hit, this is it. Now, there are a few things that I would that would change to this recipe. The recipe says to let the dough chill for 15 minutes. I would definitely let it chill longer. It needs to be a little harder in order to be able to dip it in the melted chocolate and not break apart. Also, I don't use the white chocolate. I use milk chocolate. An idea that you could do to make it look a little prettier is to dip it in either the white or milk chocolate and drizzle the opposite chocolate over it.  If you try it, comment and let me know what you think and if you did anything different. I appreciate it. 

Cook time:

Difficulty: EASY
Prep time: 1 Hr
Serves: 24-36

Ingredients

- 1-18oz. pkg oreo cookies (regular size, 3 rows of
cookies)
- 1-8oz. pkg cream cheese-block
- 4 oz white chocolate almond bark

Directions

1.   Add oreos to food processor and blend until fine.

2.   Add cream cheese to oreo crumbs and blend until dough-like.

3.   Chill mixture for 15 minutes then roll into bite-size balls. Chill balls for 15 minutes.

4.   Melt almond bark in microwave according to package directions. Dip chilled oreo balls in melted chocolate using fork so chocolate can "drip off". Set covered cookie balls onto waxed paper and let set aprox. 30 minutes. If using sprinkles or decorative sugars do so before chocolate sets. I usually do a dozen at a time sprinkling after each dozen



Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment