Thursday, October 27, 2011

Raspberry chocolate cupcakes

I may have a new favorite blog! If you love to bake, want new cupcake recipes then you need to go HERE. She has some amazing recipes and the past few recipes that I have used has been from her. The chocolate chip cookie dough filled cupcakes have been from her. This recipe is now one of Jeff's favorite cupcakes that I have made. He said it's between this one and the Death By Oreo. He eats at least three cupcakes the past two days since I have made them. Anyway, The recipe is so easy to make. It actually uses a boxed cake mix which makes it that much better.

These are the items that you need:

One box of Devils food cake
2 teaspoon Raspberry extract
1 cup chocolate chip morsels
1 teaspoon Almond extract
3-4 cups Confectioner's sugar
1 1/4 stick of softened butter
3-4 tablespoons of milk
red food coloring

Directions:

Make the cake batter as it is instructed on the box. In addition to the batter, add 1 teaspoon raspberry extract and 1 cup chocolate chip morsel. Bake as directed on the box. [TIP: replace the oil with unsweetened applesauce to make it healthier.]

Frosting:

Combine the softened butter with the two extracts. When it is mixed, add a cup of confectioners sugar at a time. Add 3-4 tablespoons of milk until you reach the consistency of your choice. After, mix in your food coloring to give the hint of pink.

Enjoy afterwards! If you try this, please comment and let me know what you think of this.

I think the only thing I would do differently is maybe trying to add pureed raspberry's to the frosting instead of an extract. I have a picture on my phone that I will try to add on here.

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment