Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Marine Ball 2011

  
My hubby and I :)


Some of my beautiful friends!
The hubby dancing
My beautiful friend and me
  
My love and me dancing <3

 I was really bad about taking pictures this year! I wish I would have taken more pictures, but my good camera is broken and I don't get great pictures with my little camera. I had a lot of fun celebrating the Marine's birthday! I had chills the whole time during the ceremony. It was such a humbling, proud, emotional moment that I couldn't help but tear up most of the ceremony. The guest speaker gave such a good speech and I think that spoke to the students there. Half of the people there were students and a quarter were guests, so that left the instructors (us). My parents came into town to watch Maddie for us (which was SUCH a problem for them LOL). We went out after for a little bit because we didn't have a timeline. It was a lot of fun to go out and know that our daughter was in such good hands.

Maddie had a lot of fun with Mimi and PopPop! She got to stay up until 10 (Which never gets to happen), got some muffins and other goodies, play time with them, and so much more! This little girl gets spoiled unbelievably by them. She doesn't complain though. :)

Unfortunately, Mimi and PopPop had to leave the next morning to prepare for their next adventure. Maddie was sad for  them to leave and still asks for them every time she wakes up in the morning or in the afternoon. 

I was so thankful that my parents could come down, that Maddie got to spend time with them, we had a good time at the ball, and my husband who proudly serves our country!

Lori

3 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous!! And Jeff is pretty hot himself! Glad Maddie is well. Miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had so much fun that night! Thanks Tanja! :) We miss you guys, too!

    ReplyDelete