Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My Pirate Princess

Today was trick or treating down here. I was really excited that this is the first year that Maddie will get to go trick or treating. Maddie was loving her costume, minus the hat. After we had dinner, we geared up and headed out. We headed over to the new house and all of a sudden she got really quiet. The lady was so nice and was offering her to pick out whatever she wanted. She was frozen. Jeff and I tried to get her to say something. anything. Jeff picked something for her and we were on our way again. She ran down the sidewalk saying 'Nice. Nice. Bye Nice. Bye Nice.' She loved watching the other children walking past us and showing off her supply of candy. Every time we left a house, she wanted to show me. Have I mentioned that I love that girl? A few houses scared her. Well, not the house, per-say, but the scary costumes. Daddy had to hold her a few times. One of the last houses the couple was dressed as the big bad wolf and little red riding hood. She was terrified of the wolf. She would not take her eyes off of him the entire time she was there. She went to the lady, but wouldn't look away for more than a second. It was funny.


We only walked down the street. I knew that would be  long enough for her and enough candy. It was getting colder and she was getting the chills, so we thought it was a good time to turn around and pass out candy. I tried to get her to help pass it out, but she just stared at the kids. So, daddy gave her a bath while I passed out candy. Overall, this evening was a big success. We made another memory together that we will never forget. Maddie had so much fun, got some candy, and got to dress up! :)


Look at the other post to see the pictures! :)


Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment