Sunday, December 18, 2011

Homemade Garland

      Any one who knows me knows that I love doing any sort of craft, new recipe, or anything that is homemade. I think that homemade gifts are the best gifts to give because they hold more value and personalization than a store bought gift. Anyway, I have a wall in my living room that has a big painting, but other than that, it doesn't have any sort of Christmas thrill to it. That bothered me to the core. My house is decked out and for that wall to look so bare is simply unacceptable. I had to change this and quick. After getting Jeff's input, I decided that wreaths would make a great addition. I already have homemade garland everywhere, why shouldn't I have wreaths to accompany it?

     We set out to Joann's ( I can not get enough of that store) and looked at decor for it. I already bought the garland needed, but wasn't quite sure what to put on it to make it look like it belonged in my house. Keep in mind that Jeff and I have complete different taste. I love the country, glitter, homey feeling. My parent's house is all country and I LOVE it. Jeff, however, likes modern, clean, and clutter-free. I am not sure we can get more different in our taste. Anyway, Jeff had a brilliant idea! Why not use our extra ornaments and place them on our wreaths. They would mat our tree and garland. Why didn't I think of this??


     We got the items that we ( I ) needed and went home. Once again, Jeff and I couldn't agree on how the ornaments should be placed. I should really just do what I like and get his opinion after. We finally came to an agreement and I couldn't be more happy.  Although, I did have to add something else because it just didn't look complete. "My awesome and amazingly talented husband" made the bows for me (I had to use those exact words.. he made me). I have to say, my room now looks complete and I love my wreaths.  My pictures just don't do it justice!


      If you are interested in learning how I made them, comment here and I will be more than happy to tell you.


Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment