Friday, February 26, 2010

Realizing What's Important

A lot has gone on in the past few weeks. There seems to be so much bad news flying around and there isn't much to do about it. I am not talking about Madison. Maddie is doing great. She hit her two week mark today and is rolling around, eating much better, and even got to play in her jumper today. Anyway, back to the point of me writing this so late at night. On Wednesday, we found out some news that was very upsetting. Jeff's friend from work lost his little three month old baby girl. He was saying that the day before that happened, they were sharing baby stories and laughing about it. Today, we got the news that the memorial service is tomorrow and I just can't seem to get it out of my head now. That poor little girl was taken so quickly from her family and the family now has to explain to their elder daughter that her little sister is no longer with us on this on Earth and that she is with our heavenly father.

Life is so short. It should be embraced and enjoyed. There is not enough time to hold grudges. Life shouldn't be taken for granted. You should do what you love and be with who you love. There is no time to pessimistic about how you look, how the job you have isn't what you like, or how unhappy you are with things in your life. It is so easily forgotten how short life is on Earth until something like this happens and we are all, once again, reminded how precious it is.

I think back about how I don't necessarily like my body after my pregnancy and how I plan to do something about it. I planned on cutting out everything I enjoy so much and going to the gym all of the time and whatnot. These situations remind me that being "skinny" or "fat" or whatever else doesn't define you. It is all about how you live your life and your point of view on the matter. I try to remember all of this when I am having one of those " anything I put on makes me look fat" kinda days.

I think about the family who only had three months with their child and how lucky I am to have had seven months so far with Madison. I know that I take a lot of pictures of her and what we are doing, but I don't want to look back and think to myself that I wished I took pictures of that. I make sure that I get all of Madison's milestone pictures taken and maybe a few more in between professionally done. I look back at those pictures and realize how much she has already grown and it has only been seven months.

I make it a point to never go to bed mad at Jeff because you never know what's going to happen. Jeff and I's fight might possibly last five minutes, but I always make sure to talk it out shortly after and make sure that we are on the same page. At the end of every conversation with family, I always make sure that it ends with an " I love you."

I think people get so caught up in trying to look a certain way, or maintain a certain image that they don't truly enjoy life. I will admit that I am sometimes one of those people who get caught up with trying to be "cool" or whatever, but then I am humbly reminded that life needs to be enjoyed and treasured.

This sad news has been another eye opener for me. It makes me want to hold Maddie and not let her go, never let Jeff out of my arms, and to cherish my friends and family. Not look at the negative surrounding us or the "what ifs and could have" in our life.

I am so thankful for Jeff, Maddie, Katy and my family and friends.

This is probably the most scrambled and doesn't even make sense to anyone but me, but I needed to get it off of my chest. So to those who are actually reading this, please embrace the life you have and cherish the ones that surround you. Life is too short and precious to let it just slide by. Embrace the day that comes before you and know that you have done all that you can to be happy.

Before I sign off, I should say that Madison is doing great. She got to play in her jumper, which she really enjoyed, got a ride in her radio flyer wagon that she got from her grandma and grandpa Kallal and did a great job sitting straight up for a while. She is eating more and moving around so much more. She just got a toy box in the mail yesterday to store all of the toys that she got from Christmas and is now full. She is talking more and giving bigger and bigger smiles each day. She is truly a blessing and both, Jeff and I, are very thankful to have each other and her.

Well it is pretty late now and I have a long day ahead. So I am going to try to call it a night again.

Until the next time,

Have fun, be safe, and embrace life..

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment