Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Carving Pumpkins

Hello all,

Well, we finally chose to carve our pumpkins, so we can enjoy them a little before Halloween. We started last night scrapping our pumpkins and figured that we would do Maddie's today since she was already asleep. Well, Maddie woke up to eat, so we wanted to do hers while we fed her and she went back to sleep.( We decided to do this at 9 at night or so). Since Madison's pumpkin is so small, we did the traditional pumpkin face. Then Jeff started on his while I worked on the pumpkin seeds for him. Well Jeff broke our longest cutter, and I started on mine and broke the detail blade. So we had to stop for the night. We started back today and finished them. My pumpkin didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, but oh well. :) I have plenty more years to perfect my pumpkin carving skills. ha ha. We watched a friends little girl today and she wanted to carve the pumpkin, Jeff worked on his with her.

Other than the pumpkins, not much is going on. I found my new favorite store.... Hobby Lobby. That store takes all of my money. lol. They have their scrap booking stuff half off. So, needless to say, I went with my friend and stocked up on my papers and stickers. Then yesterday, I couldn't help myself and bought more stuff. I am really excited to start working on all of my new pages. I have 16 pages done, I believe. Jeff has asked me to do a Marine Corps scrapbook for him. So once I get the pictures printed out, I will start that, too. Walgreen's has also turned out to be a good store for me. They always have a deal going on to upload pictures and them print them out. It is so cheap and pick up the next day.

I start school on November 2. I am excited to get back and into learning again. I am taking a intro to online learning (lame) and then infant-toddler development. I am really excited about the ITD class because it is part of my degree and, also, benefiting me now.

Well that is all I have for now. Just wanted to update on our carving and post some pictures. Enjoy and until next time take care!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Boone Family,
    Love the new pics of the family. Nice looking family if I say so myself. And Maddie what can I say she is a cutie pie seeing those pics makes me wanna pick her up and give her a grandma squeeze and bunches of kisses. Have a great day Boone family and LB love your outfit your wearing looks very nice on you. Also very glad your going back to school we are very proud of you infact we are proud of all of you. Love you lots and miss you more....

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Didn't see a picture of your's and Jeff's pumpkin all carved need to post them as well sometime love to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pics!!! Miss you guys. I'm dying to meet that cutie....Hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey tanja.. how are you doing? hows the pregnancy going so far? congrats on having a boy.. any names?

    ReplyDelete