Saturday, September 26, 2015

It's been a while ...


Well, it's been a while since I have written. I'm sure you know how it goes. Life gets crazy and before you know it so much time has passed and you aren't sure where it went.  So let me play a quick catch up with you and I'll see if I have some pictures to share with you. 

We moved up to Maryland for Jeff's new job. It was such a change, but it turns out we have really loved being up here. I am really surprised at how much I enjoy it up here. I am a country loving, slow paced girl. Being up here is not that at all. It's so fast paced. People are always in a rush and not the nicest of folks at times. And everyone is on top of each other with housing. Other than that, I love that there is so much to do up here. You can drive 30 minutes and get into Washington, D.C.  Or drive 15 and arrive in Baltimore. Or how about a 4 hour bus ride and you're in New York City? An hour and your in a few other states. To me, that is amazing. I love getting out and being able to see so many things and learn new things. We can take a small drive and get to pick fruit and veggies. Madison has really enjoyed that. There is so much history around here to be seen. We have really tried to take advantage and go see as much as we can. We are running out of time now and really trying to get in as much as we can. I still have a long bucket list for maryland before I'm allowed to move. Haha.  

Maddie started kindergarten last year and is now in first grade. She has really enjoyed school. She is always waking up before she needs to and is ready to go well before she has to leave. This year I decided to let her ride the bus. She wanted to ride since last year, but I just wasn't there yet and needed to take baby steps. Now she is begging me to let her walk to and from the bus stop by herself. I keep telling her baby steps. We agreed when she's 10 she can walk by herself ;) this year and last she has told me she has wanted to be a cow girl when she grows up. I love that she wants to be that. I'm very curious if she sticks with that or if that changes as she grows up. I would gladly live in her farm. 

We have a new addition to our family. :) we welcomed Jackson into our family March 17,2015. He was a big baby weighing in at 10 pounds and 7 ounces. He has been such a blessing to our family and I honestly couldn't be more happy to have him in our family. He is naturally a very happy and smiley baby.  He just turned six months and is growing way too quickly. He is almost into 12 month clothing. 

I'm very busy with being dance mom, just signed up for PTA, a stay at home mommy to my newest kiddo, volunteering in a wives group, a marine wife in general, and trying to make as many memories as I can with family and friends. 

We have found an amazing church I fell in love with up here. I always feel so light and refreshed walking out of there. Because of it, I have made an amazing group of friends that I wouldn't change for anything.  They have been with us through a lot and they have become very dare to my heart. 

For those of you who actually read this already know all of this, but it feels weird not to have a refresher post. So hang in there and I'll actually start posting more on a regular basis now. My hope is to post on here and place pictures here rather than Facebook. I really only keep the blog to keep our family informed on what is going on with us since we are always on the move. We are about to make another big move, but you'll have to stay tuned to read all about that. 😃


Until then...  have fun, keep save, and enjoy life. 

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment