Friday, April 29, 2016

New York City

Maddie asked us if we could take her to see the Statue of Liberty. Going to NYC was one of the things I wanted to do before we left Maryland. Jeff and I looked into tickets and what days we had available before we left (which wasn't a lot). 

We made our plan. Take the bus up, grab lunch, take the subway to Lady liberty. Learn all about her and walk to the 9/11 memorial and museum. Walk around there and then find a place to sit down and eat dinner. Then we would walk back to the bus stop and the kids would sleep right away. 

Before we knew it,  we were waking up on the bus to get to NYC. The trip was about 3 1/2 hours to get up there. Maddie was really tired and Jackson was boycotting a nap until an hour before the bus arrived in the city. So naturally, they fought and whined the whole time. Before I could even get off the bus, Jackson peed all over himself and me. 

Did I mention that we we're off to a great start?! Haha. 

After finally finding a bathroom and changing Jackson into new clothes ( I was lucky enough to stay in the pee shirts), we started our way to a subway to get to Lady Liberty. When we made our reservations we thought we would have plenty of time to grab lunch on the way. We were lucky to grab a hot dog in our way to the ferry going to lady liberty. We got over there and let the beast... I mean Jackson... Loose to walk around with us. He had other ideas naturally. Haha. He went the opposite way every time. 

Once we made it back to land, we walked our way to the 9/11 and looked around. We sat there a while and took the whole scene in. We grabbed a snack and figured out a new plan. We didn't make reservations to the museum because we weren't sure how long it would take to do the Statue of Liberty. Unfortunately, the line was long and I wasn't sure we would be able to walk the museum and have time to do that and grab dinner. So, we walked around and chose a place to eat. Before we walked to dinner, we stopped in at Macy's to go to the bathroom and buy me a new shirt because someone peed on me AGAIN. I thought I deserved a new shirt by this point. Haha. I was able to find a cute clearance short for $6. 

We found a place after dinner to let the kids run around and go crazy. They enjoyed that. 

Shortly after that, we got on the bus and made our way back to Baltimore. 


While I am glad we went there and got to see the things we wanted, I don't think I would do it again. At least until the kids were older. But it's one more thing off my bucket list. 

Until next time... Have fun, be safe, and enjoy life. 


Lori 





No comments:

Post a Comment