Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Crafting = LOVE

I attempted to write this blog before and it wiped out on me! So, here it goes again.

Any one who knows me knows that I absolutely love crafts.! I will do any sort of craft. I like scrapbooking, sewing, making cards, random crafts for holidays and such, everything.. LOVE crafts!

I figured that I would start sharing the crafts that I made. Some of the crafts that I made are some burp clothes and a baby blanket for a friend's baby boy. They turned out really cute. I have a picture of a burp cloth on my phone that I will download later.

Lately, I have felt as if I have lost my creativeness lately and desperately wanted it back. I had to do something that was easy and could possibly bring the creativeness come back to me! I had some extra material, so I made a blanket for Maddie. Well, it's a little big for her right now, but she will eventually be able to use it. I love it! It's so pretty. I wish I had enough material to make for me. We really don't need any more blankets in this house though. We have enough for everyone on the block.

I have been trying to get more into card making. I think that it is more meaningful if you hand make someone a gift or a card. It is more valuable than spending money on a gift. I have seen cute ideas, but nothing that really caught my eye. I went to a few different blogs that had cards on their sites. They each had an etsy shop to go along. I thought I would look through and see what these cards are going for. I found a few cards that were cute and I could easily do. They wanted a lot of money for a card that I could very easily make and spend like an 1/4 of the price. Who knew! I should really get into this business ! I tell ya!


I wanted to make a shirt for the big sister of the little baby boy that was just born. I have never made one before and didn't think it could be that hard. MMM! I was kind of wrong. I learned a lot though. It didn't turn out as good as I was hoping for. Note to self: Pay attention and think about what I am actually doing.


The last thing I would like to share my newest tool which I plan to try out right after this blog is over. :) I am now a proud owner of an embossing tool and the powder! I am beyond excited about this thing. Embossed cards look so pretty and it has such an elegant, yet simple look to it. Wish me luck!!!

Well with that being said, I am going to get off and try it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment