Saturday, February 5, 2011

Cribs and Knees

Maddie has been a pro at getting stuck in her crib. How, you ask? Well, Maddie likes to fit her legs through the spaces and let her feet hang off. This would be fine with me if she didn't try to get her entire leg in the space and escape. I don't know what she is thinking really.

This morning, I found her with one leg stuck. It's not an usual scene anymore when I go and get her out of the crib. Unfortunately, Jeff is normally around when she really gets her leg stuck and wasn't present this time. I attempted to get her knee free, but she screamed and cried every time I tried. I tried several times, but no success. I didn't know what to do, so I called Jeff at work and asked if he could come rescue her. I was tempted to cutting a piece of the crib off it not. LOL Luckily, we live two minutes from work and he was able to come home and play Super Daddy. He got her free so quickly. I will admit that I was jealous and pretty lame for not being able to do it. Maddie didn't even wince when he did it. I guess I am not a pro like daddy.

One time, Maddie was laying down for a nap (which she didn't do... she played the entire time in her crib). We went to get her out of bed and I couldn't even believe what I saw. She was on her tummy with both of her legs hanging out of the crib. From her thighs down was sticking straight out. HOW!!! It looked as if she had a brilliant idea of getting out of her crib. LOL This girl.! I don't even know what to do with her. I am just hoping she doesn't do it anymore, or at least while Daddy's not home.

I am going to have to figure something out so that she doesn't do it anymore. Does anyone have any smart ideas that I can try? Ideas are appreciated.

Well, until next time, have fun and be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment