Sunday, August 28, 2011

It's going to be a busy week!

This past Friday I had the privilege to out to dinner and a movie with some fabulous ladies. We started off at Ruby Tuesdays. I did not know any of these ladies going into the dinner. This is something very out of my norm for me. I was nervous going into this because I am such a shy person until you get to know me. I met seven ladies and are fabulous. It was so easy to talk to them and we all had so much in common since we are all mothers of youngin's and all have at least some sort of military experience if not married to a military man. After dinner, we went to the movie theater and saw "The Help". If you have not seen that movie, I highly recommend you go see it. It was such a good movie. Some of the ladies told me that the movie did the book justice. I want to get the book just so I can compare now. I had so much fun. They were all very kind and invited me to join another play group and events that they attend.

Saturday was another long day. We got up pretty early and immediately got ready. If you know us, you know that we don't get ready right away on weekends unless we have to. I needed to head back to Walgreens to get the items that they were out of earlier in the week and then to CVS and Walmart. Jeff wanted to go to the gun show with a few other marines. I met up with them for lunch and then finally home to get Maddie a nap before we had to go to a friends BBQ. Jeff and I made some Pineapple salsa which every one enjoyed. We kept getting compliments. We had a lot of fun at the BBQ, but didn't get to stay long. Maddie was really worn out from the day and only getting an hour nap in when she is used to a three hour nap. Got her home, a bath, and finally in bed about an hour and a half then she should have been.

Today, we got up and went to church. It was a good service. Maddie had a lot of fun. One of the ladies in charge told us that she is very talkative now and more open than she was last time. After church, we went to Harbor Freight really quick and then to lunch. Old Navy was our next-and last- stop for the day. We got Maddie a few outfits for Christmas.


Finally, we are home. What a long, but fun weekend. This weekend is going to be just as busy. Play dates, birthday parties, speech therapy, and more play dates. This entire week has something to do each day. Maddie will have a lot of fun because it is all for her. She will have plenty of time to play with other kids her age.

I'll post the pineapple salsa in a minute. Hope every one is having a good weekend.

Until next time, have fun but be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment