Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Alfredo Sauce

I found this recipe a couple of years ago and fell in love with it. It is such an easy recipe and tastes amazing. This is one of my husband's favorite recipes. He always looks forward to it when I make it and we fight over left overs. This recipe make a lot of sauce which is nice because my husband is a big eater and as I previously said we love the leftovers. I did not tweak this recipe at all. I didn't find a need for it. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com. If you try this recipe, please comment back and let me know what you think and if you would change anything about it.

What you need: 

1/2 cup butter 

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese

2 teaspoons garlic powder 
2 cups milk 
6 ounces grated Parmesan cheese 
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper


Directions

Melt butter in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. Stir in Parmesan and pepper. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long. Toss with hot pasta to serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment