Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Putting up the Christmas tree


Every year, I look forward to the holidays and the decorations. Thanksgiving may not have gone exactly how had planned, but it was still a good day. The day after Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year. I love being able to put my Christmas tree, all of the garland I made several years ago, and all of the other decor that goes with it. 

Maddie loves to decorate, as well. I'm not sure who got more excited about putting the tree up. We were both ready to get going on it in the morning, but Jeff had other plans. He wanted to hang the tv on the wall- which meant we couldn't do any decorating until he finished and cleaned up his mess. 

Maddie set her tree up while she waited to do ours. She loves being able to set it up herself, grab her ornaments and put all of them on, and sit down to view it. 

I, personally, love to look at each ornaments and reminisce about that year we got it. Every year, we pick up more ornaments from places we have visited, moved to, or just need it on our tree. This year, we added quite a few. Some of them are pictured below and some are not. They each have a special memory attached. It may take a little longer to put the ornaments on, but I don't mind. That is the best part of the day. 

Maddie likes to hijack some of my ornaments and put them on hers. I just laugh and cherish it because she enjoys it just as much me. 

We added red lights to her headboard  for fall/Halloween we had orange lights up. She set her Christmas snow globes up, as well. She loves getting into the spirit of it all. 

The elves have returned this year, too. Stay tuned in another blog for the shenanigans that they have been getting into. 

















Until next time...  Have fun, be safe, and enjoy life


Lori 

No comments:

Post a Comment