Sunday, January 3, 2016

New Year's Eve

This New Year's Eve was a lot of fun! Last year, Maddie got to stay up and celebrate. This year, I made sure it was a little more special. She didn't really get to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas like we would have if she hadn't been sick. So, I planned a lot of different things to do to keep the fun alive and going until the new year arrived. I let the two of them pick appetizers that sounded good to them and made them. I had games prepared and Maddies special drink ready to go. I can say it was a big success in her eyes. :) 

We started out with crab crescent rolls, mini taco bites, black bean layer dip, pineapple and kielbasa bites, and blackberry and goat cheese bites. I also had a cheese plate out, as well.  All of it was so good! Most of them were my first time making again and I will without a doubt be making those again :) 

Maddie loved the blackberry and goat cheese crackers. It was topped with some honey and they are divine. Jeff really enjoyed the crab crescents the best. Personally, I couldn't choose. The blackberry goat cheese was really good because it was so fresh, but those crab crescents were amazing. 

After we ate, I pulled out some empty tissue boxes and belts and little plastic balls to play a minute to win it game. That was hilarious to watch. Maddie and Jeff went first. The point of the game was to get the ball(s) out of your tissue box which was sitting above your bottom. I recorded them, so unfortunately I don't have any pictures to share of that. But let me tell you, I will never forget this new year night. Maddie won the first round. The second round was me vs. Maddie. Somehow, with two balls in my box and one in hers, I beat her and had both of the balls out within seconds. I guess I have the right moves. Ha. Jeff went against me in the next round. He lost. He complained he was going to throw up. Maybe we shouldn't have played that game right after dinner. Haha. 

I had a few more minute to win it games kid version for us to play. Those were pretty funny to watch, too. There was a cookie game that they enjoyed. They each started with a cookie on their forehead. They had to get the cookie into their mouth without using their hands. I'm surprised I didn't have crumbs everywhere. Jeff eventually got his cookie in his mouth. 

We played Life after that. Maddie loves that game. It took longer than normal. Because we somehow kept getting low numbers when it was our turn to spin. It was still a fun time. 

We played a few rounds of dominoes which daddy smoked us on. We had the tv on, so occasionally we would watch the performances. 

We facetimed my parents and brother right before our New Years. We poured our special drink- Sprite, cherry grenadine, and cherries and cheered to the new year! Then we called it a night. Maddie was set to stay up longer though. 


Jackson did pretty good. He stayed up until 9 before he was done for. Luckily, he got the memo and we all slept in the next morning. 

Enjoy the pictures! 









This was her cookie eating game.

Our Life challenge 

Can't ring in the new year without our year glasses!! 

Countdown began 

Until next time... Have fun, be safe, and enjoy life! 


Lori 

No comments:

Post a Comment