Friday, October 28, 2011

Mummy dogs

It's almost Halloween and if you know me, then you know that I LOVE holidays and taking part in every aspect. My house is decorated, a lot of my desserts include pumpkin, and now I am putting it into meals. Tonight I made mummy dogs. I originally found the recipe off of the Pillsbury website. I thought it was a really cute idea. After I glanced at what I had to do with the cresent dough, I did it on my own. I did not follow the recipe like I thought, but if you would like it, then you can look HERE.

For this recipe, you will need:


the container of cresent rolls
8 pack of hot dogs
Cheese if you'd like
Mustard

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.Open the container and separate into 4 squares, Then you cut each square into 8 strips.Each hotdog would get 4 strips. Wrap the hot dogs and the place on the cookie sheet. Make sure that you leave room to place the 'eyes'. You may add pieces of cheese throughout the hotdogs to make it appear of bandages. I started out at 13 minutes and continued to bake it for an additional 3 minutes. Afterwards, I added mustard dots for 'eyes'.


It was a hit with my family. It was a nice change and festive for the Halloween weekend. As usual, if you try it please let me know what you think or if you changed anything.


Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment