Monday, October 31, 2011

Pumpkin Carving

Today, we decided to FINALLY do our pumpkins. I mean at least it's not after Halloween right? I was really excited because this year Maddie could be more of a participant than just an observer. BOY, was I surprised when she didn't want to stick her hands in the gooey pumpkin guts and dig it out. She wouldn't even touch it. I had to persuade her to touch them and even that with just the tip of her finger!! BOOOO! She was being a total girl today. Oh well! At least we got her to help Jeff poke the pumpkin for her sketch. Maddie picked a scary cat for her pumpkin. I picked a spider and Jeff chose a witch. I did the gutting and Jeff cut. Of course I couldn't pass up baking the pumpkin seeds. Maddie enjoyed eating a few of them. : ) I, also, tried a new recipe that turned out really well. I was kind of nervous of how it would turn out, but I was pleasantly surprised. I'll post about that in another blog post. : ) I still need to take a picture of the finished product, but I'll post the pictures that I have. Enjoy!


Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment