Thursday, October 27, 2011

One Class Down...

I started to take classes again so I could finish up my degree in Child and Family Development. I haven't taken classes since Maddie got sick, so it's been over a year and a half. I finally came to the decision of taking classes again, but wasn't sure how many I would be able to handle at once. Jeff's schedule is so whack! Between Jeff's work schedule, his college courses, Maddie's appointments, all of our play dates for Maddie, and my health issues, I just wasn't sure if I could handle two or not. I started off with one 8 week course and a month into it, I started my second one. The week I started my second course was also the week that I just got back from my cousins wedding in another state, my parents and brother in town, and my midterm for the first class. I was tempted to quit my second class and just start when I finished the first one. It felt like it was just too much. I sucked it up though and finished what I had started. If I ever plan to finish this degree, especially in hopes of having it done before a second baby comes, I have to fight through it. This week, my friends, is the week I go down to one class again.!! :) Funny thing is, it might be midterm/finals week, but this has been the EASIEST week by far. I don't have to read like six chapters, answer two discussion boards, reply to four, take quizzes, write up journals, or write a five page paper within one week!!! That was the craziest month. I was so busy this past month. I feel like I can breath again. It is so nice! I am glad that I stuck it out because even though it was really hard to balance everything, I did it and I am that much closer to being done.  


I am going to post a blog about my newest cupcake recipe soon, so watch out! :) 

Until then, have fun and be safe! 

Lori

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA!!!! WHACK IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE WORD! I LOVE THAT YOU POSTED IT! :) *** Jeff's schedule is so whack!

    ReplyDelete