Monday, November 7, 2011

Cheesy Baked Potato soup! YUM!!

I tried THIS recipe a couple of weeks ago since it is starting to get cold enough to have soup! It was so good! :) Seeing as I can't have onion and don't like celery ( and didn't have any on hand any way), I left those items out of my meal. Also, I only had hash brown shreds instead of diced. It turned out rather tasty! :) My husband thought it was good, but would add the diced hash browns along with the shreds and use less fatty bacon. Ha! I would have to agree with him! We will definitely use this recipe again! I love using recipes that I can use in my crock pot! Now, that I have found the slow cooker liners, I love using crock pot recipes even more! If you haven't tried those liners, you are missing out!


I used:


1 bag of thawed potato shreds
sprinkled some onion powder in
(2) 14.5 oz. cans of chicken broth
1 cup of water


I let these cook for about 6 hours
Then, I mixed (3) tablespoons of flour and 1 cup of milk together in a small bowl and added it to my crock pot mix and stirred.
I let the mixture thicken for about 20 minutes
I added (2) cups of chedder cheese and let it melt.
Since I love me some greasy bacon, I loaded it up on my soup once in the bowl!


It was so good! Maddie actually ate it as well which means it was good. The way I made it is a slightly different from what the recipe says, but it was YUMMO!


I know I need to start taking pictures of what I make since I am sure it will sound a lot more appealing if you SEE how yummy it looks! I'll work on it! :)


Enjoy!


Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment