Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Putting up the Christmas Tree

We normally put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving and put our new ornaments up before any other ornaments. Well, this year was a little different. My good camera wasn't working anymore and taking pictures and having those memories is probably one of the most important things for me. So, we waited until the next day when I got the new camera and could take the pictures that I wanted. I was so excited this year because Maddie is big enough to help with the tree and placing the ornaments on. Well, I was a little bummed that she didn't care to really dig in and help with it all. She did help with things, but it was only a few moments at a time. It was getting to be dinner time by this point and knew she was hungry, so we stopped for dinner and returned with a full stomach. Then we couldn't stop her! She got to look at all of the pretty ornaments and help put them on. She was putting like two or three ornaments on one branch. We couldn't keep enough ornaments on hand for her. She really admired the tree and all of the ornaments that it has on it. I am always catching her playing with the pooh bear ones and taking several off. No matter how often I explain that they need to get left on, she still takes them down to play with. Since she was putting them all on the lower half, we kept a few aside to put on top after she went to bed. We decided to save some additional ones that she could add to her tree. She was thrilled when we showed her bag of ornaments. She ran right to her tree and started adding.  I love having all of these memories with her and being able to look back at these pictures and see how much fun we all had. Family memories are so important and should never be taken for granted. Enjoy the pictures.


putting the tree together
it's a tree. now the fluffing and lights
assisting daddy
helping mom fluff
she wanted to put the topper on
that's our tree
the ornament he got from my parents
the ornament I got from my parents
Maddie wanted in the picture too
Maddie putting her first ornament on
This was the first ornament she chose
The look because daddy was taking some ornaments
She was loving the tigger ornament
Ta-da!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment