Monday, January 16, 2012

Ending the weekend on an exciting note!

We are currently at my mom's house for the weekend. We took advantage of the long weekend and came up to help her with a few things. I made some homemade lasagna, chili, enchiladas, and alfredo sauce. Jeff smoked up some boston butt for her (and us :) ). we split it up into one or two servings for her and put them in the freezer. I need to make sure that she actually eats and not sandwiches or canned things. Gotta take care of her! Jeff did a few things around the house. As we are settling down for the night and about to watch a movie, I hear water running and ask Jeff if the water for the hot tub  was still going (jeff cleaned it for mom and was filling it back up). He said yes, but it would be a while. I asked him to go check and sure enough the back patio was in a 1/2 inch puddle.  Haha. Mom and I got a chuckle out of it and out we went to go help clean up! If Jeff wanted some excited before we left, he could have done something else.If you ask me, I think he was trying to get out doing his homework.  Now, everyone is wide awake and watching a movie. We leave in the morning to head back home and get ready for the new week. This weekend went really quick!


Maddie had a blast this weekend with Mimi. She is still getting used to the idea that PopPop is not always with Mimi anymore. If we want to see PopPop, then we have to go to our vacation spot. Mimi and Maddie took Maddie's baby on several walks outside, stopped for some tea, and enjoyed the nice cold day. Maddie and Mimi baked some cookies this evening. She had a lot of fun putting icing on and covering them in sprinkles. She may or may not have tried icing and sprinkles a few times, asked maybe a few thousand times if she could have one, and get icing all over the counters.


This weekend was so much fun. I am glad that we could make it up here, help mom out, and make some more memories between Mimi and Maddie. Maddie absolutely adores her Mimi and PopPop. She gets really excited when she thinks that they are on the phone or hears their voice! There are several times that she asks to talk to them before she goes to bed or random times throughout the day. I am so thankful that we can live this close to my parents and her have this special bond with them. I just can't wait for the next chance to make more memories.


Hope you had a good weekend.


Lori


 UPDATE: We came home from our weekend trip and things got a little more interesting. Jeff and I were about to lay Maddie down when we noticed our door looked a little weird. The panel for our front door had nails all up and down it and the wood was broken into several pieces. We were slightly confused because nothing was taken, but something definitely happened. Finally found a note on our front door. Our neighbor had a kitchen fire and since our kitchens are on the same wall, the fire department kicked in our door and checked our house. Luckily, there wasn't any damage to our house and our neighbors are okay. 

Also, we went to dinner with friends last night. A little later, I went to let Katy (my dog) out and saw that my gate was completely open. There wasn't any winds or anything that could make it open and all of the way. I freaked out and woke Jeff up to look. Jeff looked, but didn't see anything. I locked the back door before we left for dinner, but didn't bolt it. Someone could have easily forced their way in. I am so glad that no one did. Let me just say that I am glad that the weekend is over. Way too much excitement for me in just a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment