Monday, January 9, 2012

What we did in the Bahamas


I already made it clear that we had a lot of fun and that it was beautiful there.I was really curious to see what was beyond the base, so I dragged Jeff on a bike ride with me. I was actually surprised to find that it wasn't what I was thinking. I was expecting cool stores, lots of people trying to sell things on the side of the roads and lots of houses. Mom told me that all of the cool people she was tell me about live on the opposite side of the island an hour away IN A CAR! Dad's tahoe was still in the states waiting to come over! Jeff and I saw a lot of run down houses. There was one building that I thought had been empty for a while because it had looked so worn down. I was wrong. When we rode past it on our bikes, there was music coming from it. Boy, was I wrong! There were a lot of kids riding around on bike, and a pregnant dog that was literally skin and bones other than her big ole belly. I felt terrible and wanted to feed her my oatmeal bars that I packed just in case.

The water was beautiful! My pictures just didn't do it justice. It was so clear that you could see the bottom without a problem. We stopped and admired the water, waves, and the bright beautiful colors everywhere! It was so peaceful. We rode six miles the first time we went out. I lost all of those pictures, but I do have some from our second trip. Our second trip was to a fabric factory which wasn't really a factory. It was a store with a lot of different fabric, shirts, dresses, freshly made soap and lotions there. I bought some fabric for me and an apron and shirt for mom and dad. After our fun little trip there, we went to a little hotel where the light house is. It was a nice little walk to get there once we parked out bikes. This was a pretty short trip, but really fun. Enjoy the pictures! :)





Like I said, pictures just don't do it justice






Fresh conch shells with no conch

How pretty is that







Jeff wanted to do something in the water before he left. He is really big into scuba diving and all of that stuff. He didn't have anyone that we knew of that went scuba diving, so he didn't get to go this time. He did get to go fishing though and spear fishing. He had a lot of fun fishing. Him and my dad went with a friend and his family. Jeff caught a twenty pound Wahoo and one of the other guys caught a 10 pound Mahi Mahi. It was an unbelievable amount of fish that we took back. Jeff learned how to filet a fish and cut it up. The next day he tried to go spear fishing. It made me really nervous because there was a lot of shark out there. Jeff didn't come back with anything this time. He said there were a lot of little fish, but nothing worse a spear. He was explaining a really cool big beautiful blue zebra looking fish that he decided not to spear. It turned out that he made a good choice because the fish was poisonous! Next time, we hope to get him to go scuba diving and spear fishing.

Jeff's Wahoo that he caught

The Mahi Mahi that was caught, as well.
Fileting a fish

my adorable daughter!

Lemon Shark

Jeff's fish that was getting cut up

A better picture of a lemon shark


A big Eel!

She thinks she's going with Daddy!
  
She wanted to go with him so bad!

There he goes...

This vacation was so much fun. So many memories and firsts for us! Hope you enjoyed!



Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment