Sunday, January 22, 2012

New Gym Routine

Starting off the new year, I wanted to start fresh in the gym. I really want to go on a regular basis and watch what I eat. This doesn't mean I am not going to eat my goodies or enjoy a nice juicy greasy burger and fries, but it will be in moderately. I am keeping count of my calories, but not strict on it. I have been doing rather well I might add. I haven't made it to the gym every day during the week, but I make it when I can.

I normally do 30-35 minutes on the elliptical and that is about 4 miles for me. Jeff suggested that I do more cardio, so I bumped it up to an hour and did SEVEN miles. That's right!! SEVEN miles!! I couldn't believe it. I have never gotten past four miles before, so to do this was a big accomplishment for me if you couldn't tell. I had to skip the next day to take care of some things around the house that NEEDED to get done. The next day I did another SEVEN miles and even cut off a minute and a half. I was ecstatic.

I hope to lose a few pounds and get back to my pre pregnancy weight, but my main goal is to tone up and be in shape. Just wanted to share this and hope to continue this routine that I have going on.

Until next time,

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment