Monday, December 5, 2011

New Favorite Recipe for Potatoes

   I follow a food chef blog and gt their emails when they post a new recipe. I like a lot of the food. Some may be a little too complicated for me or had too many ingredients that I don't have in my cupboard, but some of the recipes are so good. This particular one is SO good. I tried it this past week, but didn't take pictures, because I was in a rush to get it done. You're probably wandering what amazing recipe I am talking about. It is called Ranch potatoes. You can go to HERE to see the pictures that they have posted.

   Jeff really enjoyed it and even thought that if I chopped the potatoes a little smaller and doubled the sauce then we could make it into a soup! Sounds good to me! I am going to try it next time. The blogger said that I didn't have to boil the potatoes, but I did and I am so glad that I did. This will be one recipe that I look forward to and will even work with it to make it a soup.


Ingredients needed:
8-10 medium potatoes (cut into ½” cubes)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
1 ½ cups milk
1 envelope ranch dressing mix
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
salt and pepper
6  bacon slices (cooked until crispy and crumbled)

Directions:
 Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Add potatoes to a large pot. Add enough water to cover the potatoes and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until the potatoes are almost tender. Drain. Lightly grease an 13×9 inch casserole dish. In a bowl mix together cream of mushroom soup, milk, ranch dressing, 1 cup of the cheese, salt and pepper. Pour over potatoes in the casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining cup of shredded cheddar cheese and the crumbled bacon over the top. Place into the oven and bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
(Makes 6 Servings)

Enjoy! Let me know what you think!

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment