Sunday, February 12, 2012

Apple Cinnamon Dog Snacks


Here is another dog snack. I really like this recipe between this one and the other one because I have all of the ingredients on hand and it is all healthy. This recipe is really easy, as well. These smell really good. I have a second batch in the oven right now! Like I said in the previous post, tomorrow is my dog's 'birthday' party, so I am trying a few new recipes.

What you need:

1 large apple- cored sliced and minced
1 cup oats
1/2 water
1/4 cup honey
teaspoon of cinnamon
11/2 cups whole wheat flour

Preheat the oven at 350*. Add all of the items together except the flour. Once it is well mixed, add the flour a little at a time. Roll them into balls and place onto a greased cookie sheet. The original recipe I found HERE didn't seem right. So, I took a chance and baked them at what I thought. I baked them at 15 minutes, flipped, and baked for another  minutes. I guess we will see what the dogs think when I feed it to them.



Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment