Monday, February 6, 2012

Homemade Mozzarella Sticks


Today was Super Bowl Sunday and to me that means I get to make a lot of appetizers and munch on food way too often. I found this recipe and I wanted to try it. I love eating mozzarella sticks and if I can make them at home and taste just as good, then I am in a lot of trouble. Ha! We went to my friends house for the big game. These things had to be in the freezer for at least two hours, so I had to plan accordingly. These came out pretty good. I had all of the supplies on hand and was excited to try it out.  I got the recipe from HERE. I didn't try the sauce this time. I may try it next time, but I like mine with Ranch dressing.

Ingredients needed:

12 mozzarella sticks ( I cut a 12 thick pieces from a block of cheese that I had on hand)

1 1/2 cups Progresso Italian style bread crumbs or regular and then add 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon table salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste
4 eggs
1 cup of all-purpose flour
Canola oil for frying

I added the bread crumbs, salt, italian seasoning, and pepper together. I cracked and slightly beat the eggs in a bowl.  In a separate plate I put the flour. Take the cheese and coat in the flour. This will prevent the cheese from soaking up the egg. I, then, put it in the egg, into the bread crumb, back into the egg, and then back into the bread crumb. Once all of these are finished, place it into the freezer for at least 2 hours. I used a deep fryer for this instead of on the stove. The oil should be at 350*. Cook until crispy and brown. Then enjoy! :) 


Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment