Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Mommy's day


I have wanted to go to country concerts so many different times. There was a concert coming into town that has several different artist playing in one show. I wanted to go so badly. I couldn't talk Jeff into going with me, so I had given up the idea of going. None of my friends here actually listened to country. I was talking to a friend one day and mentioned it to her. She said she liked country and would go. 

To say I was excited was an understatement. We made plans. We bought tickets. I was so excited for this day to come. The dads we're going to stay home and watch the kiddos and it was officially a mommy day. A mommy day?? What's that? I've had a few evenings with friends or a couple hours to myself, but never a full day to do what I wanted. 

We were going to stop for lunch somewhere and spend the whole day listening to country music and enjoy the day. 

As the day got closer, the temperature dropped quite a bit. Then, there was talk of rain.  Then, a hurricane was supposed to head our way. Wonderful!!! 

We talked back up plans and what to do. We were really hoping the weather would clear up and we could go and enjoy our day. 


The day came and we had come up with a new plan. With it being a high of 54 degrees, rain, and winds up to 40 mph at times, we weren't going to spend the entire day and evening at the concert. 

We started with lunch at Olive Garden. We had a good time and enjoyed our kid free lunch. After lunch, we shopped around at the mall for my family's family picture outfits. After that, it was time to go see the last three performers. We missed out on Maren Morris, Cam, Kelsie Ballerini, and one other performer. We decided we wanted to see Parmalee, Sam Hunt, and Brantley Gilbert. 

We bundled up and went to listen to the artists. It was a lot of fun. It was cold...  And rainy a lot... And sometimes there were crazy winds... But I am so glad we made the decision to head over and listen to it. The place was packed reguardless of the weather. 

I have been in love with Sam Hunts music since I first heard it. So, he was the main reason why I wanted to go. To be at one of his concerts would be amazing. He was sick, so he couldn't always hit the higher notes. Otherwise, he put on an awesome show that got everyone pumped up in our 'wonderful' weather. We got to hear him perform for an hour. 

Brantley Gilbert was good, as well. Some songs I hadn't heard before and those tended to be songs I wouldn't consider to be country. But he was super cute when he talked about his wife and kissed her each time he walked off stage. I really appreciated the fact that he was so patriotic and thanked our military so many times. He wore a Wounded Warrior Project shirt and brought two marines on stage to thank them in person and have them sing with him. It was cool to see. 

By the end of the night, we couldn't feel our toes and were shivering like crazy. We did have a blast though and it was worth it in my book. Thankfully, I have a wonderful husband that watched the kiddos all day so I could go and enjoy myself. It was really nice to take a break from life and just enjoy it. 

Here are some pictures from the night. Enjoy. 


Until next time... Have fun, be safe, and enjoy life. 

Lori 


No comments:

Post a Comment