Saturday, October 24, 2015

Trunk or treat 2015

Our annual trunk or treat for the Marines was yesterday. A lot of time and effort went into this event. From planning to getting the word out to cleaning up afterwards. It was a huge success and we had a lot of fun. 

This year, we decided to go with a Dr. Seuss theme for the family costumes and a Lorax theme for the trunk. Originally, I was going to dress Jeff up as the lorax to tie him into the trunk theme but later decided to make him 'thing 3'. 

We made truffula trees out of pool noodles and tissue paper. Clouds out of felt, a rock with 'unless' was written in it, and a lorax that I printed out and put on cardboard. I also used plastic table cloths for my environment. 



This is the final product of our hard work. I'm pretty proud of it. We had a lot of families who instantly knew what it was and have several compliments to it. 


Here's our family shot with our trunk. It was Jackson's first trunk or treat and he did so well. :) He was pretty cute as my thing 2. 
We made the kids' hair pieces. Jackson had a wig/hat that he only wore for this one picture. I made Maddie a headband because I knew she would want to take her hat off after a few minutes and I wanted her to stay in theme. 


 A friend made these monster cupcakes. Aren't they adorable? 
Can't forget these candy corn cupcakes!! 
I made these monster Rice Krispie treats that turned out to be a hit. 


We didn't win any of the competitions, but we sure had a lot of fun doing it all. Both kids crashed once we got them into bed and I was pretty much done by the time we got home and settled. 

Next year, we will be somewhere new and I can only hope they do something like this. We always have fun putting it together. 

Until next time... Have fun, be safe, and enjoy life. 

Lori 

No comments:

Post a Comment